Firefly at Feria International Seguridad
International Security Fair is an exhibition that intends to provide comprehensive security coverage in physics and…
Firefly at World Bioenergy, Jönköping, Sweden
World Bioenergy is a meeting place for the global bioenergy industry, combining tradeshow, conference sessions,…
Changing the world of industrial fire protection
Firefly is taking its next innovative technological step with the introduction of its new system generation EXIMIO.
EXIMIO differentiates itself through:
- Higher safety through unique and patented technology
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Higher service level
Higher safety through unique and patented technology
A Firefly safety system always consists of three main integrated functionalities: detection, extinguishing and control.
One of EXIMIO’s unique features is its patented TrueDetect™ technology. Firefly uses True IR detectors to detect sparks, hot particles and flames in both fall chutes and pneumatic conveying systems. Each Firefly True IR detector is insensitive to daylight and equipped with the Multi-checkpoint technology™, to minimize false alarms and ensure detection quickness and reliability. Firefly also protects high risk machinery such as for example planers or board presses with state-of-the-art flame detectors as part of its “Guard”-concept solutions.
Firefly PowerImpact extinguishing™ and Firefly water mist are integrated parts of EXIMIO. Firefly offers powerful full-cone extinguishing with a unique nozzle design and placement aimed to penetrate and cover the entire material flow inside a fall chute or pneumatic conveying system. In case flame suppression in or around high risk machinery is required, Firefly offers its non-invasive water mist suppression in order to provide optimal safety for machinery.
EXIMIO also consists of a new purpose-built monitoring and control unit. Firefly ProAct™ technology is a new patented feature of EXIMIO. By means of highly advanced data gathering and -analysis, Firefly’s ProAct™ technology can activate precaution measures in order to avoid a fire or dust explosion to spread further into the process.
Through the patented Firefly HydroTest™ technology Firefly is able to monitor and control the condition of water supply and hydro press tanks. This is yet another example of Firefly’s innovative customer-focused thinking and design.
User-friendliness through an intuitive system
- Inspired by mobile smart phones, EXIMIO IntuVision™ is Firefly’s new user-friendly operator interface.
- IntuVision™ gives a quick one-screen overview of the entire EXIMIO system installation, with all details ‘a click away’.
- IntuVision™ is easily connected to a PC/PLC.
Detectors and other key parts of the EXIMIO system are designed with integrated colour-coded led indicators. Direct communication between key parts of the EXIMIO system and the operator is yet another feature that truly makes EXIMIO the most user-friendly system on the market.
Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- EXIMIO uses its unique TrueDetect™ technology to minimize false alarms. This saves costly production loss.
- EXIMIO provides many advanced and integrated system features to give the highest value for money.
- EXIMIO is cost-efficient to install, due to its decentralized system design.
- EXIMIO offers guaranteed long-term spare part availability.
- EXIMIO is built to be maintained and serviced in a user-friendly and efficient way.
Higher service level
In complement to Firefly’s worldwide field service, maintenance and spare part supply, EXIMIO offers ‘safe running’ through online services:
- EXIMIO enables online monitoring and remote support.
- EXIMIO offers the most intelligent and advanced integrated automatic test and monitoring functions to ensure the highest reliability.
- EXIMIO offers online diagnostic capabilities which enable the Firefly Service Center to remotely assess the system.